The Chancellor’s Undergraduate Research Award allows students who qualify for and have accepted Federal Work Study as part of their current year’s financial aid package to work as research assistants for hourly pay–at no cost to faculty or departments. Faculty apply online on behalf of the student(s) they have recruited. Students are hired by the faculty member’s department/research unit, just as any other Federal Work Study employee would be, and departments/research units are reimbursed through the Office of the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Affairs and Academic Programs at the end of the fiscal year. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until FWS enrollment ends for the campus as a whole.